PROGRAM OVERVIEWThis module aims to provide good understanding to learners the professional code of ethics as a pre-school teachers. This module also assists learners to learn to identify one’s own professional learning needs, demonstrate commitment and participate in continuing professional development through engaging in current research, key trends and various modes of professional practice. It also includes the ability to engage in reflective practice and open and honest communication with colleagues to seek feedback on professional practice. This module also aims to assist learners to gain understanding the childcare centre’s vision, mission and values in relation to the centre’s initiatives and programmes and contribute ideas and work with various stakeholders for the successful implementation of such initiatives and programmes.
LEARNING OUTCOMES:At the end of the module, students will be able to:
- Understand the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UN-CRC)
- Understand the Code of Ethics – Guidelines for professional responsibilities in early childhood care and education, responsibilities and code of conduct for teachers
- Practice self-awareness and reflection, communication skills such as effective communication with peers and public, presentation skills, IT as a communication tool, and speech training
- Perform collaboration and partnership such as working with other peers, team-building, accessing and networking with the community for resources;
- Appreciate Arts, including children’s literature and creative and thinking skills
- Plan for continuing professional development