PROGRAM OVERVIEWEvery year many childcare centres are faced with the problem of upgrading the ranks of teachers, many of which are newly trained teachers. Not only do they need to learn the school's educational philosophy, workplace culture, teamwork model, they also need continuous improvement on the delivery of curriculum, classroom management and home-school partnership. Therefore, the head of the childcare centre or senior teachers who need to be equipped with necessary skills in order to guide novice teachers to work towards professionalism as preschool teachers and continue to foster a culture of inquiry and continuous learning among the preschool teachers.
Learning Objectives:The aims of the course are to help participants to:
- The mentoring process and strategies
- Specific descriptions and responsibilities of a mentor as specified by the centre
- Methods to evaluate the mentoring processes
- Areas for pre-school teachers to be mentored in to enhance their daily practice
- Methods to develop and implement professional development plans for preschool teachers.
- Strategies to monitor and evaluate progress and effectiveness of training attended by preschool teachers
- Advocate a culture of sharing knowledge and best practices in the workplace and continue to foster a culture of lifelong learning.